Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Racism

Today I'd like to address "racism". I am not a racist but have been called such because I don't agree with Obama's policies, values (if he has such), etc. Let me tell you something people.....HE'S HALF WHITE (and was raised partially by his white grandparents and white mother). I don't know why being half of anything makes you whole of another race. I don't get it and I never will. My sons half-sister is half Hispanic and 13. She says, "I hate my school because all of those stupid little white girls are so snotty". Firstly, YOU'RE HALF WHITE AND LIVE WITH YOUR WHITE MOTHER....hello people. Gosh that drives me nuts. Secondly, there are snotty little girls of every race. That's just girls for ya.

It's always the race card though when a white or light skinned person disagrees with a darker skinned person. Nine times out of ten they are really disagreeing because they genuinely disagree with the words that are exiting your mouth. Maybe that one percent disagrees because of race or some other factor but it is generally not about race.

Here's another thing, a New Black Panther Party member can say ugly things about wanting to kill white babies and white policemen but is not considered a racist????? Really? Explain that to me. I think racist is hating/judging someone for their race, religion, sexual orientation or other factor not just a white person hating on a black person.

Nothing irritates me more than being thrown into the firey pit of racism by some jerk who doesn't like what I have to say. Just like my statements yesterday about illegal immigrants. My liberal facebook friends have called me racist for expressing my views on following the law. No, it's nothing against immigrants....just be legal. That's all. The funny thing is, when I lived in a bigger town when I was little, most of my friends were not white. Right now, I would say that the majority are white but that's just because that's who I've met here and I haven't lived at my current location very long. However, all of my neighbors are of different ethnicity and I've yet to have a conflict with any of them. They are all very nice people. I hope they think the same of me.

In any case, if you disagree, please explain. I'd love to hear your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment